Friday, December 24, 2010

Welcome Family and Friends!

In June of 2010 I started a long journey all the way from backwoods Texas to the big, ancient city of Rome, Italy.  I came here with the express purpose of studying for a Bachelor's in Sacred Theology (STB) at the Pontifical Gregorian University.  I am a temporarily professed Brother of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI), an order within the Catholic Church whose mission is the evangelization of the poorest and most abandoned.  Our numbers are around 4,500 priests and brothers, and we work in more than 70 countries. I am studying theology with the goal of becoming a Catholic priest...pray for me!

I created this blog to keep in contact with family and friends, since it is difficult to do from another country, and to share my adventures in Europe.  The added bonus is that it will hopefully keep me sane by helping me to focus on something besides studying!!  I will add more information about myself and what religious life is like as time goes on.

Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment