Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Quick Update!

I guess it’s been quite a while, huh? 

In that case, I suppose that a quick update is in order.  I finished my first year in Rome a couple weeks ago after a grueling semester.  I don’t know why, but it seemed like I worked a lot more but wasn’t as satisfied as I had been with the first semester.  I think part of the problem was that I took the school work too serious and didn’t make enough time for other extracurricular activities. :(  Hopefully, I can call that a lesson learned and do a better job next year! 

After I finished my last exam on the 17th of June, I was able to relax a week and spend some quality time with a couple of beloved brothers who were finishing their tour of duty in Rome and preparing to head off into the wilderness of priestly life.  Over the year I developed some very good relationships with them, and next year will be MUCH different without them. 

After saying several tearful good-byes, I set off for Madrid, Spain where I am spending the summer trying to learn Spanish.  Upon my arrival, I was greeted by a scorching heat of around 100 degrees which wouldn’t be so bad if air conditioners had gained in popularity!  But, unfortunately, this was not the case and I am stuck sweating it out with a little fan that I picked up in a local hardware shop.  It has cooled some and is now staying in the mid to low ‘90s…much more bearable!  

I don’t want to make this post too long, soo…More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment